There is something so satisfying about finding the perfect (healthy, delicious, & filling) salad, it makes my heart oh, so happy... especially when paired with a great bread basket. Having lived in LA for 8 years now, I have built quite the collection of go-to spots, and today i'm sharing few of my favorites with you!
1. La La's Grill: Hands down, my favorite Greek Salad in LA. I order their Griega salad and add in white beans (for a little protein,) but what I really can't get enough of is their complementary Chimichuri dip and bread. TO.DIE.FOR.
2. Blue Ribbon Sushi Bar & Grill: Cold, crisp, light, and delicious! That is exactly how I describe their House Salad. Love ginger dressing? This salad was made for you. I also am so into the fact that they incorporate Watercress in the mix. Paired with an order of Yellowtail Sashimi and you have the most delicious high protein/low cal meal.
3. Il Fornaio: I 100% go here for the bread basket, but their Insalata Del Fornaio is simply perfection, especially with grilled shrimp added into the mix. What I am loving more and more is that restaurants are incorporating nutrition information to their menu's. This salad is simple, delicious, low-cal, and great quality.
4. California Chicken Cafe: Holy Chinese Chicken Salad! I have yet to find one that gives CCC a run for their money. I do modify this salad a bit, nixing the peanuts and crispy noodles, and opting for my dressing on the side (it's pretty high cal.) This salad is not the most healthy, because of the dressing, but opt for a half portion (their salads are HUGE) and enjoy!
5. Joan's on Third: Another Chinese Chicken Salad that makes my world go round. Light and sweet, what makes this salad is the fried chicken strips. I know "fried" may freak some of you out, but don't let it- this is not KFC. I always ask them to go easy on the crispy wontons and rice strips, which makes this a guilt free and still incredibly delicious salad.
6. Novo Cafe: I can easily say that this is my new favorite lunch spot. Not only does one of my dearest friends work here, but their Chopped Salad is so worth the 20 minute drive into Burbank. I add avocado to my chop and always get their tropical (unsweetened) iced tea- YUM! When i'm feeling like "indulging" a bit, their chocolate chip cookie is a must for dessert.
7. Hamburger Mary's: Have we touched on my love for Ranch Dressing? Not just any Ranch either... I need that perfect watered down kind, basically the exact opposite of Hidden Valley. As silly as it sounds, about once a month I NEED a basic garden salad with Ranch dressing and Hamburger Mary's knows how to do it oh, so well. Everything in moderation, right?
8. Cuvee: 3 words... Spicy Shrimp Caesar. Dressing on the side (I usually do this with creamy/higher cal options.) You can thank me later.
9. Chop Stop: One of my "I am in a rush" lunch spots. I switch between their Greek Chop (add Salami) and BBQ Chop (no black beans,) with 'easy' dressing tossed in. Their portions are large, prices are great, and who doesn't love a good chop?
10. Raffi's Place: Persian food has always been and will always be a staple in my life and there is nothing that hits the spot more than Shirazi Salad accompanied by kabob. No rice is necessary to complete this meal and there is no where in LA that does it better than Raffi's Place.
What are some of your favorite Salad spots in your hometown? Comment below.